Video in content marketing is on the rise. Google owns YouTube and Facebook is battling YouTube for viewers of video. And don’t forget Vimeo, Vine, Instagram, video by email, and others. Everyone knows that Google is the largest search engine on the web, but did you know that YouTube is now the second largest? The power of video cannot be overstated and can be an effective marketing tool for the following reasons:
1. Connection To Customers
- Higher Engagement.
- Videos evoke emotions. It contains the tone and facial expressions of the speaker, and makes content more interesting with visual and sound qualities.
- Simply put, most would rather watch a video than read the same content.
- Increased Conversions. The numbers support it: Research shows over 70% of marketers say video conversion rates outperform other marketing.
- Higher Retention Rates.
- Your message will be remembered longer, and isn’t that what you want?
- In the stone age time of the internet (circa 2001) creating a video used to be expensive and time consuming. That’s not the case today. Sharkmatic advertising can create a professionally produced video for a fraction of what it cost 15 years ago.
3. More Video Providers & Enabled Devices
- As more online video content is watched, technologies are leaning towards favoring the video-marketer.
- Most smartphones and tablets are powerful enough to display video clearly.
4. Improved Search Engine Optimization
- Adding video to your content marketing efforts will improve your SEO. Adding a video to your website can greatly increase the chance of a first page Google result.
5. Short Attention Span Cure
- This is another obvious but sometimes overlooked point. Studies show that a video can keep a viewer’s attention for at least a minute and in some cases up to five minutes. Can your written content do that?